I have a giveaway (and a review) for you from Thermapen. I’ve actually wanted one of these for ages so jumped at the chance to review one for you. Each Thermapen is worth £60 and I have TWO to giveaway.
I was sent a green Thermapen to review. Now I don’t know if the marketing guys were trying to curry favour, but well, it’s my favourite colour and I actually said ‘yes’ when I opened it. Sad but true.
Right, let me tell you all about the Thermapen. It’s about 15cm when not extended which makes it feel sturdy and proper and frankly, the kind of kit I imagine Michel Roux Jr might have in his chef’s pocket. You know, to go around and check things with. It’s shaped to fit in your hand – there’s something very tactile about it.
It comes in green (and you know how I feel about green), red, yellow and blue and 6 other colours apparently too. Bright colours easily found in a drawer. It’s waterproof (useful in the kitchen) and has an anti-bacterial additive in the casing that stops as much bacterial growth as you might get without it. I didn’t know such a thing existed.
So I got it out of the packaging and opened up the sensor – ie/ extended the metal probe, and straight away it activates, just from being moved. So when you’re testing your roast chicken/cake/caramel you don’t have to faff about by pressing an on button – it just comes on. I LOVE this. Seriously, it’s as if the designers actually cook and everything. I’ve lost count of the amount of kitchen kit that’s clearly designed by non-cooks. Hurrah!
Also, should you be cooking in low light (perhaps a dusky barbecue or maybe just baking in my kitchen which is romantic and moody in the lighting department but not great for anything task related at night) it has a backlit display which automatically comes on in low light. Another ‘no hands’ moment that I love about this bit of kit.
And it’s eco-minded too. When you stop moving it, the display goes to sleep. So the 3000 hours worth of battery life are saved. Anything I didn’t like about it? No. What did I like about it – well everything but especially that it’s been designed with the cook in mind. It’s bright, easy to find in your drawer, does a good job and fascinates me that it measures even the temperature of the air around it.
Do you want one? I have TWO to giveaway! There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 11th December 2015.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 11th December 2015.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, all of the UK inc Islands & NI. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There 2 x SuperFast Thermapen 4 Thermometers from Thermapen worth RRP £60 to giveaway to 2 people. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Thermapen who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!