A trifle just for the summer. I know it’s a little early but a girl can dream…
All comments gratefully received. Here are some Eastery recipes you might like too:
Raspberry and elderflower trifle
- 75mls elderflower cordial
- 2.5 leaves of gelatine soaked in cold water for 30 mins
- 180g vanilla sponge cake cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp elderflower liqueur/cordial
- 300g raspberries, slightly mashed
- 500mls cold custard
- 600mls whipped cream with 2 tbsp elderflower liqueur added
Make the elderflower jelly by heating the cordial to boiling point in a saucepan and adding the gelatine leaves (squeezed of water) then stirring until dissolved. Add 150mls cold water then leave to cool a little.
Place the cake sponge in the bottom of a trifle bowl and pour over the 4 tbsp liqueur/cordial. Then cover with the raspberries leaving a few out for decorating. Pour the jelly over the top and then pop in the fridge to set. Once set pour the cold custard over the top, allow to level and pop back in the fridge. Whip the double cream and liqueur to medium peaks using the wire whisk attachment in your Kitchen Aid (or with a whisk) and then spoon over the top of the custard and add raspberries.