I am hurtling towards the grand old age of 35. I know many reading this will scoff that really, that’s so young. But I’m worried. Less about the actual say it out loud age and more about my increasingly regular curmudgeon’s behaviour. I can only think my advancing years are to blame. Just a few examples of my new found angry lady status:
- Moaning on Facebook about parents carrying golf umbrellas on the school run and almost poking my eyes out. (But really, buy a coat with a hood, you are not on the golf course, in fact I suspect most people carrying gold umbrellas don’t even play the game. See I can’t even stop myself here. And FYI, I almost never say anything negative on Facebook so this sort of moan is most unlike me. I don’t like to spread the hate).
- Having to practically physically restrain myself from swiping a teenagers feet from the train seat opposite him. Doesn’t he know someone else has to sit there?
- Tutting loudly when tube passengers selfishly stride into the lane of the oncoming pedestrians in those long tunnels between different lines, as if their journey is so important it’s worth delaying every single person making a journey in the opposite direction.
- Waving in a manic fashion at drivers who don’t wave to indicate ‘thank you’ when let out of a junction etc.
- Complaining to the Midland Mainline about the constant delays and issues with arriving anywhere on time. And the absence of power points on their older trains.
It’s hard not to notice that my anger is generally related to modes of transport. Maybe I should just stay in the house and be hermit like? I’d likely be a chirpy little hermit. Anyway, on to the recipe. These meatballs are easy, they’re low carb, they’re delightfully crunchy and they contain chorizo which makes them mighty moreish. My sons love them. I love them. Beware the pinkish colour of the inside of the balls post baking – that’s just the chorizo. They’re not raw I promise. Enjoy.
Crunchy pork & coriander meatballs
Makes 15, though depends on size of balls
- 3 slices of bread
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 50g chorizo
- 6 (ish) sprigs of fresh coriander
- 500g minced pork
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 egg, beaten
In a food processor whizz up the bread and set aside two thirds for later. Add the black pepper, chorizo, coriander, minced pork and ketchup and pulse until combined then roll into meatballs about the size of golf balls. Then dip in beaten egg and roll in the fresh breadcrumbs made earlier.
Oven bake at 180c/gas mark 4 for about 25 mins until sizzling. My boys ate theirs with pasta but they are a delicious little morsel to eat alone.