Well little Laurie, my last born son, turns 3 in June. We are of course having a perfect toddler’s birthday party. There will be a bouncy castle, a pinata, a ball pit, cake, ice cream and the most important bit; party bags.
There’s been a trend of late for giving something other than party bags, and I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest this is all about impressing parents rather than making the kids smile. I admit to having participated myself. Sometimes a book is given, sometimes a football, sometimes a T shirt or suchlike. This is lovely and I get it, I really do. More ‘stuff’ to fill the home is not on any parents wish list. But there’s no getting away from the fact that kids love a party bag. They like a pencil, a notepad, maybe a bouncy ball, a rubber dinosaur, a flying aeroplane… bubbles even. Simple little treasures that feel very much owned by the kids. These are not adult fayre. So this year I am giving the kids what they want and to hell with the adults.
This year I have been sent dinoroar (okay dinosaur to most, but this is what we call them in this house) party kit from Party Bags & Supplies to use at Laurie’s party. Let me show you what came in the pack. First off we have the all important dinosaur table cloth:
Next the plates. For all those sausage rolls, crisps and party rings:
Then the cups. For juice and maybe even some lemonade. It is a party after all.
And some napkins for the adults to chase the kids with to wipe their grubby mouths.
Last but not least the party bags:
To add to the Dino Glider, rubber dinosaur, stickers and little pencil and notebook pack I will be adding something from poundland (because I do like to give something to placate the parents – maybe a bug viewer or some garden chalks) along with a large slice of chocolate cake too. This whole pack is for 8 kids and is their Dino Blast range. There are so many other themes on their site though. Take a look! The filled party bags are genius as far as I am concerned. When I had a proper job where I had to be in the office all day things like party bags sent me into a tailspin. I just wanted someone else to deal with it all. Which is where this company come in.
If you would like to win £30 worth of party bags and supplies on Party Bags & Supplies (you will be sent a voucher code – please note this is not a cash prize) then there are lots of ways to enter the giveaway – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 7th July 2017. How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 7th July 2017.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, UK only. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There’s £30 worth of party bags and supplies from Party Bags and Supplies to giveaway to one person. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Party Bags & Supplies who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!