I absolutely adore the combination of sweet and savoury. Pineapple on my pizza, chutney in my toasted sandwiches, and even chocolate covering my pretzels, and here, mango and raisins in my coronation chicken.
I have always had a soft spot for the retro classic that is coronation chicken. It takes me back to the huge buffet meals of my childhood, where everyone’s mum or gran brought along a dish to share at celebrations. Huge amounts of effort went into poaching whole salmons, baking crisp vol au vonts to fill with coronation chicken, cutting delicate cucumber finger sandwiches and piping perfect pavlovas.
These days I prefer my coronation chicken in a jacket potato, albeit a fluffy one with a delicious, well-cooked skin, meaning I don’t usually associate a jacket potato with a speedy lunch. Microwaving them from raw just doesn’t cut it with me; they’re simply inferior to the oven baked variety. Well, McCain have come up with the goods, their microwavable jackets are pre baked in the oven before being frozen, providing a delicious oven baked taste in just five minutes.
So far in this Lunch in 5 series, I have made spicy Boston beans, a bacon, avocado and spring onion filling, plus an easy tarragon chicken salad. Today I have for you this coronation chicken that’s really special, using both raisins and mango to add that sweet hit to the lightly spiced curried chicken. And the whole dish is ready in just five minutes flat, meaning there’s no need to plan ahead in order to enjoy that proper oven baked jacket potato taste. (The recipe is below).
I also have a trip to Chessington World of Adventures for one lucky family to give away, worth up to £500! Entering is easy. Simply let me know what you would do for a #Lunchin5 jacket recipe via the comment section below & via Twitter / Facebook – pictures are also very welcome! After entry is closed, I will choose a winner based on the best recipe according to me and the lovely folk at McCain. Easy peasy. Closing date 23rd September 2016. How to enter:
- Suggest your own #Lunchin5 jacket potato recipe via leaving a blog comment on this post. Feel free to also get in contact via Twitter, Facebook.
- This giveaway will close on 23rd September 2016.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the post comment section and via my social channels after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, worldwide! Sorry to anyone younger.
- The prize is up to the value of £500. The prize can be used towards tickets to and overnight stay at Chessington World of Adventures for the family, as well as travel to and from the park. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. The total amount spent on the trip, overnight stay & travel can not be over £500. Prize to be taken by end October 2017. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- If you win and then don’t respond to my ‘winner’ announcement within 7 days, then another winner will be picked so check your emails and comments!
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of McCain who are responsible for sending the prize to you via email should you win. My decision on the winner is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Now for the recipe!
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 McCain Ready Baked Jacket Potatoes
- 200g cold roast chicken, chopped
- ½ fresh mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 50g raisins
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp curry powder/garam masala
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 100g rocket
- 10mls balsamic vinegar (optional)
Microwave the McCain Ready Baked Jacket for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together all the filling ingredients apart from the rocket, in a large bowl. Serve over the McCain jacket potatoes with a rocket salad on the side, dressed in balsamic vinegar if you wish.
This post was supported by McCain.
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!