Well this is a double whammy – I have for you a delicious recipe for a butternut squash and red pepper soup AND a giveaway from St Helen’s Farm.
First thing’s first I need to clear something up – for those of you who don’t like the taste of goat’s cheese please don’t think this recipe is not for you. Yes, it uses goat’s milk but I still think you will like it. It doesn’t taste ‘goaty’ you see, well not if you use the stuff from St Helen’s Farm.
There’s a little video of the recipe here:
And there’s also a little bit of info on goat’s milk products and why they are such good news, both nutritionally and from a flavour point of view here from Helen, a dietitian:
The recipe is below and the giveaway for this amazing hamper is under that too.
Lots of great recipes like this in my books, Recipes from a Normal Mum, (available on Amazon, at The Works, Waterstones, WHSmith, The Book Depository and many smaller outlets) and The Power of Frozen (available through Amazon).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 25g St Helen's Farm goats' butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 600ml St Helen's Farm goats' milk
- salt and pepper
- St Helen's Farm natural yogurt and coriander leaves to garnish
Melt butter in saucepan, saute onion, red pepper and chilli for about 5 minutes until soft. Add butternut squash and potato and stir. Add milk and simmer gently for about 40 minutes until vegetables are soft. Blend with hand blender or liquidiser, adjust seasoning. Serve in bowls with a swirl of natural yogurt and a few torn coriander leaves.
I have 2 St Helen’s Farm hampers worth £30 (RRP) each to giveaway to two people. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 18th November 2016. How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 18th November 2016.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, UK only! Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There are 2 St Helen’s Farm hampers RRP £30 to giveaway to two people. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of St Helen’s Farm who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!