The world’s largest cake decorating show is coming to Alexandra Palace for the very first time this month. A visual feast of sugarcraft and cake decorating taking place on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 April, it’s the perfect weekend treat for cake and baking enthusiasts.
The show includes the debut of The Weddible Dress. Created by multi-award winning London based cake sculptor Sylvia Elba, this stunning, life sized creation stands 170cm tall and with a circumference of 220cm, the edible wedding dress is the result of a creative collaboration between Sylvia and fellow multi-award winning cake sculptor Yvette Marner, founder of Fun N Funky Cakes and artist Ilinka Rnic. The dress will be accessorised with 35 kilograms of fondant, three kilograms of cake lace and wafer paper, showcasing innovative decorating materials and processes. The team used around 2,000 sheets of wafer paper, ‘sewed’ to the dress with around 10 bottles of Fabriliquid.
Renowned cake decorator, Rose Macefield will be taking her seven foot high creation ‘Batman vs Superman’ on tour following its debut at Cake International Birmingham. The two heroic figures cut a dash with true to life musculature and incredible attention to details – see the picture in this post. Amazing stuff!
Visitors can make the most of the cake decorating and baking experts and learn cake decoration techniques under professional guidance. There will be regular informal sessions on cake decorating techniques, while the Taste of Sugar mini workshops are the perfect place to learn new or brush up on existing skills. Making and taster sessions will be available throughout the weekend and visitors are invited to roll up their sleeves and have a go. Visitors can also stock up on industry tips and advice. With over 100 exhibitors, visitors to the show can browse aisle upon aisle of unique products, innovative baking and sugarcraft tools and essential supplies available to buy.
There’s loads to see and do at Cake International and better still, I have 5 pairs of tickets to give away. You’ll have to be quick as the closing date is in just three days time! Full details below.
For full details of all the features, workshops, exhibitors and guests at this year’s show, visit www.cakeinternational.co.uk.
There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 9th April 2016.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 9th April 2016.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, all of the UK inc Islands & NI. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There are 5 x pairs of Cake International tickets to giveaway to 5 people. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 1 day then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Cake International who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!