I have a giveaway (and a review) for you from Giles & Posner. It’s for a cake pop maker bundle – essentially an electronic cake baker, a prong type fork, 50 cake pop sticks and a cake pop holder. Each ‘bundle’ is worth £39.99 and I have THREE to giveaway.
But first up, do you want to know if they’re any good? Oh go on then… I had a go with one of these bundles so that you don’t have to waste your time/money.
The cake pop baker (the machine bit) is sturdy and reasonably heavy which always feels like a good thing when it comes to baking equipment (I am a lover of big stand mixers after all). It heats up in about 5 minutes which just about gives you time to weigh your ingredients, whizz up the cake mix and have it ready to spoon into the cake pop maker. The cake pops then take about 5 mins to bake – it’s easy to take a peak if you want to though I just left mine for the full 5 minutes and they were perfectly baked. The bottoms were a little browner than the tops (as they come into direct contact with the non stick plate for longer) but the taste was very good. My boys all loved them. The recipe said the mixture made 24 but we managed 30. Maybe I had bigger eggs.
It’s easy to remove the cake pops from the baking machine – the two-pronged fork just spears straight into them and lifts them out (and is to be used for dipping into icing/chocolate/candy melts too). So all in all this was a great solution to a Wednesday night ‘please can we have some pudding Mummy, proper pudding, not just fruit’ question. I’m afraid I didn’t get as far as busting out the Candy Melts to coat the pops as my boys devoured their cake pops still warm and unadorned. And boring Mum bit here – it was super easy to clean. I hate gadgets that are tricky to clean. Hate them.
What did I like? It’s easy to use, the recipe comes included, it’s very fast and the results were tasty. Also, it includes everything you need to make cake pops, so no hunting about for a colander to place the pops in to dry once covered in icing. What didn’t I like? Well, in my book a cake pop that’s just cake isn’t really a cake pop – cake pops are cake crumbs mixed up with icing and rolled into a ball aren’t they? I’m being a pain mentioning this but if I don’t someone else will. Having said that these cake pops are altogether more wholesome and lower in sugar. So really, what am I moaning about? I need to be quiet.
The only other thing that might put me off buying one is that it’s another gadget to add to my kitchen. This is mainly because I am lucky enough to get sent a lot of stuff and I don’t have masses of storage. Having said this, my sons asked when we can make them again as soon as they devoured the first batch. Bit of a hit all in all.
There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 11th December 2015.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 11th December 2015.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, UK mainland only. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There are 3 x bundles from Giles & Posner worth RRP £39.99 to giveaway to 3 people. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Giles & Posner who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!