Kitchenalia is one of those books I would probably pick up at my chic friend Anuszka’s house and covet. Then I’d borrow it, keep it for too long and end up having to buy a copy myself. It’s like catnip to anyone who dreams of that perfect kitchen. The place to wile away the hours, uninterrupted, radio on, just you, a huge load of ingredients and a very relaxing space. This is what I dream of. One day…
In this book Vinny Lee takes you through how to furnish and equip your kitchen with flea market finds and period pieces. There are chapters on each of the main kitchen styles as Lee sees them. Retro, reclaimed, white, painted, country, collector’s and utilitarian. I thought I’d be easily able to identify my favourite, almost like doing one of those naff Facebook quizzes on what kind of mother you are. But in every chapter I found elements I liked and would happily steal, in fact I’d almost wilfully mash them up to create a new chapter called The Bell Kitchen.
Lee goes on to talk through various elements that constitute a kitchen; furniture, storage, surfaces, lighting, pots and pans, utensils and gadgets and containers. Luckily right at the back there’s some info on suppliers. I have a fair bit of vintage kitchen bits already. One day I desperately hope I’ll have a beautiful kitchen to store then in. Until then maybe I’ll swoon over books like this. In short, this is a delicious present for a foodie and interiors obsessed friend.
I have 2 x £30 (RRP) Kitchenalia books to giveaway to two people. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 12th December 2014. How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 12th December 2014.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, UK only. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There are 2 x Kitchenalia books RRP £30 to giveaway to two people. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Jacqui Small who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!
Great :) xxx
yes pls :)
wonderful blog and great prize keep up the good work :)
A great addition to my coffee table
Only just started reading your blog but I’m loving it. Signed up for the newsletter too.
Sounds like a really useful and creative book.
Book looks great, fan prize!
Sounds great, i really need help with my kitchen, used to be where i would live most of the time except for when sleeping lol but not anymore ..Thanks again for giveaway.
The book sounds great!
A good book for kitchen ideas. Fab.
Oooh this looks like a great book….I feel a kitchen and DIY project coming on!
Looks like a gorgeous book! Thank you :)
Lovely Giveaway Thank You xxx
love these sorts of books x
Sounds a great book thank you!
Comments are closed.