Agreeing to review Stokes sauces was a bit of a no brainer. Easy work. I already know I like them. Now I just have to write about it. What a treat.
So what did they send me? Well, I was lucky enough to receive their tomato ketchup (which my pal Victoria calls ‘the yummiest ketchup in the world’), their garlic mayo, their chilli jam and their red onion marmalade. Here are my thoughts:
Tomato ketchup: Not too sweet, very tomatoey (which might sound odd but given a lot of ketchups barely taste of the things this is noteworthy) with a hint of spice and importantly, a good consistency for dipping. Thick and luxurious.
Garlic mayo: Just the right side of garlicky with a homemade taste. I want to know I am eating garlic mayo, but don’t want that raw garlic aftertaste all day. We ate this with fried whitebait and oh what a good combo. It has a great consistency that results in a squelching sound if you try and dig to the bottom with a spoon.
Chilli jam: Well, of course I loved this! I am a chilli fiend. We ate this with cheese and biscuits and also shovelled some into halloumi, courgette and carrot fritters I made. (Recipe coming to the blog soon). Big hit – I have been slathering this all over Mr Bell’s sandwiches he takes to work meaning we are already half way through a jar. It packs a punch, but the sweetness means it doesn’t blow your socks off.
Red onion marmalade: Being a girl from Leicester I love a Red Leicester sandwich, especially when introduced to this relish. Very sweet (in a chutney type way rather than a sherbert fashion) and a beautiful claret red colour. I admit to adding this to a beef stew when I felt too lazy to caramelise some onions for the base sauce. It was very good. Also good as a marinade when mixed with soy and mustard for painting over a ham.
I have a £40 (RRP) Stokes hamper containing 9 products to giveaway to one person. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 21st November 2014. How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 21st November 2014.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, UK only. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There is 1 x Stokes hamper RRP £40 to giveaway to one person. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Stokes who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!