This book is serious. It’s more than serious, it’s almost deadly. A weighty tome that had to be picked up from the post office – it was too big and serious for my postbox. I have to admit to being slightly frightened of this book when I first opened it. It’s very old school. Now that’s no bad thing. It has very detailed explanations of many French patisserie techniques that I have barely heard of, and certainly can’t pronounce.
Having said all this there’s no way on earth I’m giving this book to anyone. It’s staying with me. It’s the book I wish I’d had when practising for the Bake Off. I can’t tell you how many books I had to buy, borrow etc to find all the techniques I thought I might need for GBBO. So, whilst it’s highly unlikely I will make a whole recipe from this book, I will certainly dip into it to learn techniques and find a little reassurance.
Things I liked: It’s serious. No messing about, this is written by professionals though oddly, there’s an absence of ego. Big tick.
Things I didn’t like: The recipes can feel a bit 80s (could be the very fiddly nature of some of them reminding me of all that trendy mini food of the 80s?) though I am not sure if that’s the photography as well.
I have 2 Patisserie books by William and Suzue Curley worth £40 each up for grabs. (The book was officially released on 22nd May and is published by Jacqui Small.) There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 12th September 2014. How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 12th September 2014.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, UK & Europe only. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There are 2 Patisserie books RRP £40 each available. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Jacqui Small Publishers who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!
great book xx
Great giveaway, would love to win this patisserie bakes always look so beautifully presented!
a very welcome book
Great prize! Thanks for running the giveaway! :-)
great, I’d love to make some yummy things!
Thanx for the great giveaway
great giveaway thanks
thanks for the comp xx
I would love to get baking with this
food book what’s not to like.
I love to try some recipes from this :-)
Would love this – thank you for the chance !
I’d love to win this book!
It looks like a very interesting book
I can only imagine the recipes inside must be divine going off that lovely dessert on the cover *drool*
What a lovely book, I would spend hours reading it x
looks like a lovely book :)
we’d love that!matt evans
This book looks interesting
Wow what a fab book, looks as though you could lose hours reading it x
Wow looks fantastic, I bake a lot of cakes but would like to broaden my horizons a bit, this may be a good place to start :)
lisa ann tebbutt
Looks so interesting. Thanks!
Love the giveaway!
This is a truly fabulous book, I’ve been dying to get hold of a copy
The GBBO has proper got me in the mood for baking xx
Awesome giveaway! Keep up the great work :)
Thanks for the competition – the front cover of that book is making my mouth water so much!
My husband has tried making some lovely patisserie so these books would be perfect to help him improve his skills. I adore patisserie!
I’ve wanted this book for quite some time. I love William and Suzue Curley. I have attempted one of their recipes on my blog and it looks like such a great reference tool.
oooh, yes please!
great looking book!
I need this to get ready for next years Womens Institute County Show :-)
great prize :)
yum. theres always space for more cake books in my kitchen
Cake is great with a cup of tea.
fab book! fingers and toes crossed! x
A great competition, as usual
give give lmao
lovely book & great prize
looks like a tasty book
looks really fiddly, but I’d love to have a go at patisserie now. Getting a bit bored of cookies, cakes and pies!
I think my old man would like to have a crack at a few recipes.
love the look of this
This would be a great addition for my daughters cookbook collection.
I love good cooking
Would love this book :)
Would love to try and make some of these.
Would love to win this, popped into waterstones to try and find it, they hadn’t got a copy maybe an omen
Brilliant Prize – Thank You
Bet some tasty things in there
lush prize <3
looks fab, would love to try
Looks like a great book!
Love books and love cakes!
Ooooooooooh I would love this! great comp! :)
awesome prize :)
I’d love this for my collection!
Would be great to win! :)
I love recipe books and would love to add this to my collection :)
The recipes sound lovely!
As a wannabe amateur baker, this would come in very handy! :)
lovely prize x
I love to bake I just wish I had more time
I’d love to win this book
Love the blog and competition
Great book with delicious recipes
This is fab!
I would love to win this book. Thanks!
I’m sure I could find space for this somewhere…
Wow, what a great prize!
Looks like a lovely book
My daughter-in-law would love this.
would love it :-)
WHAT A GREAT GIVEAWAY
perfect as i’m trying to learn how to cook/bake more now! :) faye
I love cook books especially ones tha help you with techniques so I’d really love this one
Lovely prize x
Would love to add this book to my collection!
Love this book!
Would love to give it a go
great giveaway would love this
fab prize xx
Thanks for the giveaway, it looks a good book.
This book looks brilliant!
wonderful thank you :)
Would love to try out the recipies in this book
This looks like a fab book! :)
awesome book would give a few of those recipes a whirl
great giveaway :)
I’ve got their book on chocolate and it’s great would love to add this one to my collection
Love the look of this. Seems great for getting ideas, even if I don’t feel confident enough yet to go for the really technical recipes.
Great book :D
I have wanted this book for so long
Wow! Looks so interesting! :D
another wonderful prize
I want to win this book. But if I do your next giveaway should be a book with 0-calorie recipes…
Great competition I love baking!
Thinking about signing up to a patisserie course at the moment and love William Curley, so this would be lovely!
I do all the baking at home so this would be a great addition.to my cookbook collection!
yum yum yum, please pick me
Great prize ! This would be great for my partner, he is an aspiring cake maker !
I would love to achieve some skill at patisserie – this might be a first step and good bedtime reading!
just what i need
Cookery at its best
I’d love to try my hand at making patisserie!
Gotta love a book that gives technique over ego!
Wonderful prize! =]
great prize xx
I would love to try the recipes in this book. Great prize
nice prize and great work from all you guys keep it up xxxx
This is a great prize – would love to win it
Would love to add this book to my collection.
I would love this book!
From what you’ve said, the book does sound great.
Would love to read this book!
Looks lovely, is making me hungry!!
Thank you for the lovely giveaway x
Looks very hardcore!
Ooo I’d love to try some new challenges in the kitchen
It looks like a fab book!
Be nice to have
Well, its not going to help my Slimming World journey, but having this book would make me happy – and I guess just looking at the pictures doesn’t have any calories?
That’s my kind of book! I like reading about difficult techniques, nobody needs to know that you never actually executed them.
great prize! I love cakes :)
Looks like there would be a lot of fun projects in there!
This is such a beautiful looking book!
This book looks great
This book looks fab love pastries
fantastic i love cakes
fantastic pastries and cakes are me weakness.. would love this x thank you
I would love to win a copy for my talented DIL Sophie who makes the most amazing pastries and cakes.
I need to improve this aspect of my baking, this book looks as if it would do the job
Great book for learning new techniques
What a lovely Giveaway Thank You xxx
I would really love this book!
Looks a great book thank you!
Comments are closed.