I do love a good bakeware catalogue and am ashamed to say I tend to take them to bed with me for an early night. Well Baking Deco sent me one of their silicone bundt moulds to have a play with, along with their catalogue and it’s hard to say which I was more impressed with. The catalogue had sooooo many items in I want, no, that I NEED. The cutter section alone is worth half an hour of your time. As for the mould, well some of you may know I am a little sceptical about silicone moulds and have been rather scathing in the past. I decided to put this one through its paces and am really pleased with the results. Here she is:
I really did put this mould through some tough tests. I used just vegetable oil to grease rather than the recommended oil and flour. I didn’t wait until the cake was completely cold before turning out either. In fact I did it straight away. Both cakes I made turned out perfectly. Lots of detail, no sticking – a great result.
Things I liked: The ring that sits around the mould (brown in the picture) is a great idea – it holds the mould rigid both whilst pouring in the cake mixture and also whilst baking. it even made the cake easy to turn out. The actual cake results were great from this mould – lots of detail from the bundt pattern and no sticking. Washed up really quickly and well too.
Things I didn’t like: Nothing. (Though I do come up against my usual spoilt brat issue of where to store this new addition to our kitchen. I think I need a garage.)
There are three prizes up for grabs:
1st includes: silicone macaroon mat, modelling tool set, set of 4 cookie cutters (Total RRP £35.74)
2nd includes: silicone mould for baking, rolling pin, set of 4 cookie cutters (Total RRP £27.22)
3rd includes: silicone mould for baking, rolling pin, set of 4 cookie cutters (Total RRP £27.22)
There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 12th September 2014. How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 12th September 2014.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, UK mainland. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There are 3 prizes up for grabs as stipulated above. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Baking Deco Ltd who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.