Just Mustard sent me their The Shake’n’Make (RRP £15) and a microwave popcorn maker (RRP £20) to hold my own private movie night without the trouble of leaving my home. We added Toy Story to the mix, closed the curtains and off we went…
It has to be said that the speedy ice-cream maker made the biggest impression on both my little boys and the older members of the family. Basically you add cream and/or milk, sugar and any flavourings then make sure you have salt and ice in a separate chamber of the pot – shake for about 3 minutes and you have ice-cream. I know! It’s clearly magic. Amazingly quick and was a very exciting science experiment that prompted a quick lesson in what salt does and how ice-cream is made. There are even ‘recipes’ (very simple suggestions) in the instructions so no need to be a culinary whizz to get this right. Here’s a pic of the maker:
Things I liked: The novelty value! The fact it kept little hands busy. And of course the delicious and edible results.
Things I didn’t like: The amount made is pretty small which could be a good thing depending on your view point. I also wonder how often we might use this once the novelty has worn off.
We also tried out the microwave popcorn maker. A pleasing to the eye bright red ‘bucket’ where you place a measuring scoop of popcorn kernals, some oil and any flavourings – a few minutes later you have popcorn. Very easy and perfect for making a less calorific snack than the usual popcorn you buy pre bagged.
Things I liked: Easy to measure, quick to make and no need for hot pans of oil on the stove. Also – so cheap! Popcorn kernels are inexpensive meaning you can save a lot of money with this gadget if you’re a popcorn household.
Things I didn’t like: Nothing really other than I have to find a place to store it! We are very short on kitchen space in this house.
I have two movie night kits to giveaway consisting of a microwave popcorn maker and an ice-cream maker each, worth £35 per set.
There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 12th September 2014. How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 12th September 2014.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, Europe only. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There’ are 2 x movie night kits (as stipulated above) available worth £35 up for grabs. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Just Mustard who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.