I do love a cup of tea, in fact I’ve been known to be called a tea monster by some. Since being pregnant I”ve been drinking less of the good stuff and an awful lot more of the decaf variety. Caffeine, along with blue cheese, pate and rare steak are all off my list for the next few months.
Teastorks sent me a box of their finest tea to try. The idea is that you choose a box from their list – some are rather different (movie night tea anyone?) and some are less so, like the box I chose called The Perfect Day. It reminded me of seeing Lou Reed once as a 19 year old which is no bad thing. Anyway, I ordered my box (£5.45 by the way – you can also order subscriptions but this was a one off) and it arrived a couple of days later. The first thing that struck me was how lovely the packaging is. In each box you receive 15 tea bags, 5 lots of each three varieties.
The teabags themselves were made from that lovely see through cloth. The type of tea bags you get in posh hotels and restaurants. The tea itself was delicious. I really liked the Earl Grey, it was stronger in flavour than what I’m used to. I loved the camomile – so different to any grassy camomile I have tried before. It was positively creamy in the mouth. My least fave was the alarm clock. It was still nice but the others were so good I couldn’t help but wish for them instead.
I liked: The feeling that tea is meant to be special. The box, the bags, the branding – they all felt luxurious. I enjoyed the choosing, ordering process and indeed receiving the box of goodies. The tea itself is clearly premium and makes me realise what rubbish I usually drink. I also liked that they stipulate how much caffeine is in each bag, I know most people won’t care but pregnant ladies do.
I did not like: The price is an issue for me if I’m honest. I think perhaps I need to drink less rubbish tea and focus on quality. You most definitely get what you pay for. Then again this does work out at 36p per cup (excluding postage) so really, there’s little to moan about.
I have a months supply (4 boxes) RRP £21.80 to giveaway to two lucky winners. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 30th May 2014. How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 30th May 2014.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, mainland UK and islands only. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There’re 2 sets of a months supply of Teastorks tea to giveaway worth £21.80 each. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Teastorks who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!