I have now tried two Degustabox lots of goodies. I have to say I did think (before it arrived) that this was a way to spend money on things you didn’t want or need. Then after some very interesting bits arrived in the first box I find myself changing my mind. The first box included some ready to eat quinoa. Now I love quinoa but Mr Bell isn’t as partial, so basically we don’t really eat it. If I hadn’t been sent a little pack of Quinola ready to eat food from the Gods (well okay Peru) then I’d never have known it existed – and never have bought it either. Here lies the beauty of these boxes; they open up possibilities you would never have dreamt of. How about a white tea sparkling non alcoholic drink? Or chocolate coconut water? Again, like most Mums I am guilty of buying the same staples week in week out without wanting to waste time or money on new products that could end up in the bin.
I want to show you what I got in my January box – because really for £12.99 it isn’t bad at all. Click here to see the booty as well as the main pic. The tomato soup is the most amazing soup I have ever had from a tin. I am not a big fan of processed soup and hence would never have tried it. I sail past the soup aisle at the supermarket, breezily singing ‘not for me’ as I waddle. But oh yes, this soup was for me. Amy’s Kitchen, I salute you. And the Maggi chicken bag thingies – again, I would NEVER buy something like this, but faced with them cluttering up my larder, I gave them a whirl and guess what? The resulting chicken was tender, moist and downright delicious.
This month I am staring down at the box of goodies which includes 2 packs of Ryvita thins (one cheddar and black pepper, one sweet chilli), 3 packs of Tyrrell’s apple crisps, a Soreen toastie loaf, a pack of lunchbox Soreen banana loaves, Bahlsen pick up chocolate biscuits, Bahlsen waffeletten, 2 Scheckter’s organic energy drinks, damson and port chutney from The English Provender Co, also redcurrent sauce with rosemary from them and last but not least Peppa dew mild peppers. Out of these the energy drinks are the only thing that don’t appeal, however I am stashing them for when my baby is born – I might tell a different story then.
I liked: That the search for new and interesting foodie ideas is done for you. It’s a low admin way of opening your mind to trying new products without buying large packs. The box the pack arrived in was also very pretty – oh and the recipe cards and money off vouchers in my latest box were welcome.
I did not like: Inevitably there will be things you’re not so keen on but if you fill in your taste profile on the Degustabox site this is less likely to happen.
I have 1 Degustabox to giveaway worth £12.99. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 18th April 2014. How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 18th April 2014.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, mainland UK only. Sorry to anyone younger or further afield.
- There’s 1 Degustabox, worth £12.99 to giveaway. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Degustabox who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness