First up we have Chikas, a company with a range of West African-inspired small savouries. Chika’s nuts are the first part to launch from their range so they sent me their Hand Toasted Peanuts & Hand Toasted Peanuts with their skins on. They’re toasted by hand and are also lower in calories and fat but are higher in fibre and protein than other peanuts on the UK market.
So what did I think? I really liked the hand toasted peanuts once I’d gotten used to the fact they weren’t covered in grease and salt. For me peanuts are part of a heady memory of teenage years drinking cider and black in Loughborough pubs, trying to line my stomach with something, anything, to stop me looking deeply uncool and drunk. So yes, these were very different, but after the first few I’d chomped down, I’d decided I rather liked them and pretty much Hoovered the packet up in a minute or so.
The hand toasted peanuts with their skin on were different. I have to admit to first thinking they were a mistake – the papery skins can feel a little dry at first in your mouth, but once you’ve crunched the peanuts this dry sensation goes. In fact, I even ate up some of the papery skins left over in the bottom of the packet. They were a hit.
What did I like? The fact these don’t feel especially bad for you but are still a tasty treat. The packets are the perfect size for keeping in the car or handbag.
What didn’t I like? The packets are on the small size. Hopefully they’ll bring out a larger size for people like me who can’t stop at a mouthful or two.
I have a 10 tasting sets to giveaway, with two packs in each worth £3.50 altogether. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 23rd May 2014.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 23rd May 2014.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, UK mainland only. Sorry to anyone further afield or younger.
- There are 10 tasting sets worth £3.50 each to giveaway. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Chikas who will be responsible for sending the prize to you by post should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Good luck everyone!
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!