If you don’t care whether or not the book is any good and just want something FREE then skip this bit and go onto the giveaway. If you are interested then I will try and be as honest as possible.
So… things I liked about this book. Well, it’s really huge, I’m talking a tome of a book. So if I had paid for it I’d feel mighty happy with value for money. It has over 700 recipes, and they’re not variations on a theme. So there’s no basic cupcake recipe and 25 ways to tart it up or down. Instead we have genuine recipes, each individual, with very clear instructions. That’s one of the other things I like about it; it’s a family cookbook and most people feeding a family want things to be simple and easy and these recipes totally tick this box. Even the harder recipes are simply constructed.
What else did I like? Loads of pictures. Also a great chronological approach to feeding a family. Starts with weaning, works through fussy toddlers, family gatherings, kid’s parties and onto teenagers and so on. I like that, but then I’m that kind of person. I like this set out simply and in order. The price I liked too, you’re paying little over 3p per recipe.
What didn’t I like? Well, this book being sooooo huge (which is a Good Thing as far as I’m concerned) means the author, a lady called Caroline Bretherton, hasn’t written much a pre amble to each recipe meaning it’s not teeming with personality. It’s not Nigella style writing. But you can’t have it all.
Who would I buy it for? The next friend of mine having her first baby is getting this instead of some useless too small babygros with bears on. It’s a great family starter cookbook.
Lucky for you I have 3 copies worth £25 each to giveaway! There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 6th December 2013.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 6th December 2013.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Open to UK mainland and EIRE residents only, over the age of 18. Sorry to those who are younger.
- There are 3 prizes of the Family Kitchen Cookbook worth £25 available. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of DK Books who will be responsible for sending the book should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Good luck everyone!