I feel very lucky that I sometimes get approached by brands to review their products. I’ve had some lovely things to try in the last couple of years though mostly, it has to be said, they’re for me. This one was for the kids though I am slightly gutted I didn’t beg and plead for a scooter for myself as if their reactions are anything to judge by, these scooters are the business.
I was sent two Micro Scooters to try out – one for my almost 3 year old and one for my almost 5 year old who is soon to start school (I feel old). Now they already have scooters, one red one that went pink in the sun after it was left outside making it useable only by girls now (according to my nearly 5 year old who has gone past his girls are great stage to girls only like pink… I am currently educating him to the contrary) and one Spiderman one much loved by my youngest son for sitting and eating cornflakes on – yes, I know, unusual.) Anyway – the boys took delivery of a scooter each from Micro Scooters and they’re actually scooting on them! Youngest son’s scooter has a little bag with it that he likes to fill with stones from the garden. Eldest son is now asking to go pretty much everywhere on his scooter. He rode to playschool on it this week which with his previous scooter, he’s basically refused to do.
After a bit of research it turns out that a lot of scooters don’t have brakes, which might have contributed to his reticence. Micro Scooters do have brakes and also 3 wheels for stability meaning my quite safety concious kids must have felt more in control of their scooting. I carried said scooter back from playschool to see just how light it is and I can report that I was able to carry both my youngest son (“carry me Mummy, I love you Mummy”) and my eldest son’s scooter for about 1/4 of a mile. Youngest son isn’t allowed near a road on his scooter yet hence why he was walking. I know, I know, just call me paranoid.
Eldest son also got a bottle carrier with his scooter that attaches with a plastic clip – very important for swigging from his named Batman water bottle. All in all a HUGE thank you to Micro Scooters for these freebies and also a HUGE thank you for possibly the best giveaway I’ve had on the blog to date. Are you ready?
I have 3 candy scooters and accessory sets to giveaway. Each set is worth up to £160 each and you get to choose a scooter, helmet and bag. The scooters to choose from are Mini Micro scooters in candy blue, candy pink or candy lilac or the Maxi Micro scooters in camo green or coral. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date Friday 18th October.
Please note there’s an extra way to enter with this giveaway (on the Rafflecopter form as usual) where you email the lovely people at Micro Scooters to opt into their database. They won’t be passing on your details to anyone else, they would however keep you up to date with any goings on. This is not a mandatory method of entry so if you don’t like joining mailing lists then there’s no need to.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 18th October 2013.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Only open to UK & Ireland participants over the age of 18. Sorry to anyone from further afield or younger readers.
- There are 3 prizes worth up to £160 from Micro Scooters including a scooter as detailed above in the links, a bag and a helmet. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Micro Scooters who will be responsible for sending the prize to you if you win, which is very kind of them as it saves me queuing up at the Post Office. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. So there.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Good luck everyone!
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!