Cleaning was not something I really thought about until I had children. I was too busy being out and about and not getting my flat dirty. Then I has kids and guess what? If you spend time in the home it ends up in a right old mess. Now I have an unhealthy interest in cleaning products. I want stuff that cleans easily, doesn’t smell like a chemical bomb has gone off in my house and that doesn’t cost the earth.
I’ve been trying out some cleaning goodies from Bar Keepers Friend. They first launched in 1882 but have recently added new lines like the Power Cream and Power Spray, both of which made short work of my sink. They also don’t smell toxic, which is a pet hate for me in anything cleaning product related.
Here’s the interesting bit – Bar Keepers Friend has oxalic acid in it – found in rhubarb and unique to Bar Keepers Friend and well, rhubarb (I guess.) A chemist in the USA noticed how his pans were incredibly clean after cooking rhubarb in them. He worked out the reason, extracted the acid and sold it on to tavern owners. Hence the name.
I have a hamper of Bar Keepers Friend goodies to giveaway worth £50 – enough to keep your house clean for about a year. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 12th July 2013.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 12th July 2013.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Only open to people who live in the UK, over the age of 18. Sorry to those who are younger or who live further afield.
- There’s one prize of Bar Keepers Friend cleaning goodies worth £50. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Bar Keepers Friend who will be responsible for sending the prize to you should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. So there.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Good luck everyone!
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!