Envy is a dreadful emotion. It’s the nicer little sister of jealousy but still I think it’s a little ugly. My heart slightly sank as I opened this book up for review as I kind of knew how I’d feel. This is a book I’d like to have written. There, I’ve said it. I think it’s top.
Proper step by step instructions and lots of explanation of the science of baking to help home bakers get great results. Maybe I’m a geek but I really like that kind of detail. When things go wrong I want to know why. The recipes look great – some classics, some interesting new ideas. Some appeal more than others – jam bakewell cuppa cake sounds great as does the ginger and lime drizzle. The rhubarb and custard bombe is not my kind of thing but I guess a lot of people will like it. This book is beautifully shot, nicely designed and is sooooo much more Ruth’s kind of book (in my humble opinion) than her first one. I’m chuffed to bits for her. Well done Ruth on an excellent baking book. Roll on the release of the bread version of this book.
Lucky for you I have 3 copies for 3 lucky readers worth £12.99 each to giveaway. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 19th April 2013.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 19th April 2013.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Only open to people who live in the UK, over the age of 18. Sorry to those who are younger or who live further afield.
- There are 3 prizes of the Cake Making book for 3 readers worth £12.99 each. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of David & Charles who will be responsible for sending the prize to you should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. So there.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Good luck everyone!
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!