If you like your coffee with a conscience then you’ll be in for a treat with this review and giveaway. The folks at Puro sent me lots of their fairtrade ground coffee to try along with some very delicious hot chocolate too. You’ve probably already tried their coffee as Puro supply every National Trust site, all the Royal Parks in London (the Queen actually had to sign off the cup design to allow it in the parks), Le Pain Quotidien, Leon and lots of garden centres and golf clubs. The parent company who make Puro have been roasting coffee in Belgium for 212 years so I guess they know a thing or two after all that time.
Puro use a percentage of their sales to purchase and protect rainforest reserves in the countries that grow their coffee, they’ve even made a little film about it that you can watch here. Now this is all very well and good but what does the coffee taste like? Well out of the three varieties sent to me my favourite was the Puro Organic, from Peru and Honduras. It had a kind of creaminess to it that I tend to only experience in posh coffee shops with very expensive machines. It also faintly reminded me of my fave tea, Lady Grey… but I think that would be the citrus notes, not that this coffee tasted like tea at all. All in all, I would heartily recommend. I have even managed to wean my Dad off his decaf to take home half a bag of Fuerte.
If you would like to try this delicious coffee along with winning some nice cups and a cafetiere worth £50 then read on. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 28th June 2013.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 28th June 2013.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Only open to people who live in the UK and Europe, over the age of 18. Sorry to those who are younger or who live further afield.
- There’s one prize of kit as seen in the picture worth £50 from Puro. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Puro who will be responsible for sending the prize to you should you win. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. So there.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Good luck everyone!
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!