There are so many books on cake decorating out there. Some with more achievable designs than others. This book bundle giveaway is a complete and utter treat for anyone who’s been bitten by the fondant icing bug. I’m going to start with a short introduction to Lindy Smith, author of The Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible, a lovely hard back book which I’m going to stick my neck out and say that this is to cake decorating what Delia’s Complete Cookery Course is to learning basic cooking skills. If you think you’re going to find yourself making lots of fondant covered cakes over the coming years (I know I have already made a fair few since my little men came along!) then you need this book in your life. Simple instructions, step by step pictures, full explanations of tools and lots of ideas for designs. The designs can feel a little dated, but this isn’t about being the next Peggy Porschen. This is to make sure you really get a good grounding in the basics. I am keeping this book forever.
Next in the bundle is a lovely fondant cake toppers book called Character Cake Toppers by Maisie Parrish. If you have little ones this book is a wealth of ideas and instructions to make the perfect frog/meerkat/scooter. Lots of lovely step by step pictures as you’d expect and I guess the best thing about this book is that it isn’t a re-hash of lots of ideas we’ve all seen before. New stuff, simply presented.
Also by Maisie Parrish is Cakes for Men and Boys, a paperback book like Character Cake Toppers, this is a welcome book for any Mum of boys. I was only moaning to a friend (with 3 sons) yesterday about how few cake decorating books seem to acknowledge that about half the kids in this world are male and that an awful lot of them want builder/football/cricket cakes rather than pink princess ones. There are also some projects for Dad’s birthday too. This book has a little less substance than Character Cake Toppers and is a lot more American in tone. I think I’ll use this less. Nevertheless packed with 25 good ideas.
I have two bundles of these books to giveaway! There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date 2nd May 2013.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 2nd May 2013.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Only open to people who live in the UK, over the age of 18. Sorry to those who are younger or who live further afield.
- There are 2 prizes of 3 cake decorating books as displayed in the picture worth a total of £49.97 for each bundle. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of David and Charles publishers who will be responsible for sending the prizes to you. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. So there.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Good luck everyone!