I have to admit to being a little dubious about a novelty cupcake book. It’s not that I’m above novelty cupcakes, far from it. It’s more that I’ve seen a lot of these books and they tend to feature the same designs done in slightly different ways. However, I am always pleased to be pleasantly surprised.
This book retails for £9.99 and includes over 25 designs including an easy but effective sheep (never thought I’d write that sentence!), army themed cupcakes and a mermaid swishy cupcake which almost makes me wonder if borrowing a friend’s daughter for a baking session might be okay. I like the up front explanation on how to cover cakes in fondant, how to pipe a swirl and the troubleshooting section on avoiding peaked cupcakes. Though I admit I tend to actively avoid flat cupcakes – the peaks are there for snipping off and eating, no?
I like this book a lot. It bucks the trend for cupcake design books by having almost more masculine designs than girly ones. If you’d like a copy then I have two to give away. There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date Friday 23rd November 2012.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 23rd November 2012.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Only open to residents of the UK and participants over the age of 18. Sorry to anyone from further afield or younger readers.
- There are two prizes consisting each of 1 x bake me I’m yours… cupcake fun books. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of FW Media who will be responsible for sending the prize to you if you win, which is very kind of them as it saves me queuing up at the Post Office. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. So there.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Good luck everyone!
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!