I have three books to tell you about and two up for grabs… not a bad deal. First I’ll start with the one I won’t be giving away:
The Everything Coconut Diet Cookbook is one of those books that came into my life just at the right time. You know how when you want to have a baby you see pregnant women everywhere? Well I read about how eating coconut (in all guises) can help you lose weight and low and behold I see books about it everywhere. This was sent to me for review and I’m glad I get to keep it. I’m a coconut fiend anyway but learning about the health benefits of coconut oil, the whole low calorie dieting myth and then seeing the mass of coconut recipes in the back all contributed to me buying lots of the good stuff to fry my veggies in. If you like a bit of science with you diet books or indeed recipes to help you walk the walk then this book is for you. It is very American and as you would imagine all the recipes are in cup/pounds format.
On to 201 Healthy Smoothies and Juices for Kids. Now again this is very American in tone so beware if you don’t go in for that kind of thing. Hands up I am no smoothie maker, I don’t even own a juicer… yet I did find myself oddly addicted to reading this book. Now 201 smoothie and juice recipes has the potential to be rather a boring book and I think the author felt this may be an issue too, so each recipe is supplemented with hints and tips regarding veggies, fruit, kids and general health. These were the bits that made made me read the whole book in one evening. Loads of science too for those who want it.
Now, I have saved this beautiful book until last. The first two books indulged my nerdy side but this one, The Cake Parlour Sweet Tables is well, it makes me sigh! It’s just gorgeous. Less a recipe book (though full of recipes, worry not) and more a book that explores the (again American) concept of sweet tables. For the uninitiated they are tables at events where the pudding course has been themed. A lot of the recipes are rather fiddly but if you like to use cakey books for inspiration like I do then this should have a place on your shelf. I love the Christmas themed sweet table. Not sure I’d attempt such fine sugarcraft work at that time of year but it’s good to dream! There are 40 different themed cakes, cupcakes, biscuits and cake pop type things. This book has pushed me into giving a loose theme to my lovely pals baby shower sweet table.
I have 2 copies of the smoothies book and the sweet tables book to giveaway, split into two prizes with both books being in each.
There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date Friday 2nd November 2012.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 2nd November 2012.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Only open to residents of the UK and participants over the age of 18. Sorry to anyone from further afield or younger readers.
- There are two prizes consisting of 1 x The Cake Parlour Sweet Tables book and 1 x 201 Healthy Smoothies and Juices for Kids book, with an RRP of USD39.98. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of FW Media who will be responsible for sending the prize to you if you win, which is very kind of them as it saves me queuing up at the Post Office. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. So there.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Good luck everyone!
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!
These look great books.
this book looks amazing
Lovely prize, i would love to have a go at some of these with my little boy x
THANKS FOR THIS
the books look great
This looks like a great book.
I love smoothies would be nice to find some inspirations in the books
what wonderful books
Two great books – thanks.
Wow – gorgeous books – I love cookery books and always on the look out for something different – thank you x
Brilliant giveaway. – Books sound great, especially the Sweet Tables one. mmmmm.
mmmm… sweet tables!
OMG i need this book in my life iv wanted this book for so long and your giving it away as a prize please please please pick me, baking is my passion and i would spend many happy hours baking recipes from this wonderful book!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why have I never heard of Sweet Tables? I have a (really) big birthday coming up next year; I have to have a Sweet Table. :-)
Lovely books, always in need of some new ideas.
Who wouldn’t want two cookbooks? I’m always adding to my collection haha! Great giveaway Holly :O)
Both books sound great!
I would love to win!
Great competition – please let me win
I’d love the prize, thanks for the comp
Thanks for the giveaway and the wonderful blog
Lovely prize :)
I love smoothies!
They sound great!
what a great prize
The healthy smoothie book cancels out the desserts book, so it’s OK!
Looks brilliant :)
Fantastic prize :D
I love sweet tables!
great prize, fingers crossed!
Ooh that’d be great for using my new blender :D
lovely & yummy @kikicomp
All sound great!
Would make a great addition to my food and drink library!
Would love to add these to my cookbook collection!
wow what brilliant prize x
Makes me want to make something healthy!
Count me in please!
Fab giveaway, Good luck everyone x
The sweet tables book looks amazing – would love to read!!
The book looks amazing
Love the look of the Cake Parlour book :)
I love the cover of this book! Bit random I know haha.. but it looks so inviting!
I love making smoothies!
The Christmas table sounds interesting.
Lovely books! :) x
lovely comp, the book looks fab
Both books seem amazing
i love smoothies, i make them for the kids so they get their fruits everyday. my fave is mango and banana
Yum smoothie recipes!!! Everytime I make one it tastes awful – I clearly need the help!
great prize. x
Fantatsic to find a book about coconut as I am having a great deal of trial and errors using coconut oil and coconut water in my recipes – allergies to everything! Both books sounds just up my street! I always go with your recommendations, my books have increased in no time at all, bed time reading!
all the books sound great!
The book looks amazing!
I’d love both books, but I’m very into smoothies at the moment so I would like some new ideas!
That sounds like a wonderful book; I love having these to read and for inspiration in many areas.
I’d love the smoothie one, for more yummy combinations for the kids, oh! And me!
Oh I’d just LOVE that sweet table book!
Would love to read about the sweet tables!
Love foodie books, my favourite read.
Fabulous books :)
These look like fab books, thanks for the chance to be in the giveaway!
The parlour book looks lovely!
I’m really into sweet tables, I’m always gawking at them on Pinterest so I’d love this book.
Oh wow both books sound great… especially the cake one! x
thanks, so awesome :)
Love cookbooks :) I also dream of being able to make a beautifully decorated cake – it hasdn’t happened yet!
Wow would love to win these books they look great
The books look great!
Best of luck everyone! :)
Thanks for great giveaway.
I’d love these for my collection!
sounds good x
Sounds great :)
Please put me into the draw – thank you xx
gholmes724 ((at)) gmail ((d0t)) com
Fab books, thanks!
thanks for the giveaway!!
looks a great book. x
Oooh, count me in! Fab prize! :)
looks pretty nice!
Those books all sound amazing!
I’m curious about coconut, I’ll have to go and read up. The sweet tables book sounds spectacular and both my children love smoothies, fantastic prize!
Great giveaway, thanks
You can never have too many recipe books!
Tee hee! Great ideas for a couple more cookbooks to add to my wishlist!
Fantastic give aways, the Sweet table book looks great
Oh the sweet tables look fabulous, simply divine!
Great prize xx
The sweet table book sounds great!
I love the look of the sweet table book! :)
Sweet table sounds fab!
I love coconut! Especially in body butter and in cakes! Never really thought about cooking with it, could be interesting!
Both Books sound great and will Defo come in use with my family we are bakeaholics :)
all the books look good, never heard that about coconut – interesting!
All the books sound great especially the Cake Parlour one. Fantastic giveaway once again Holly :-)
Pretty please be me xx
Great giveaway would just love to get inspiration from the sweet table book!
I’ve been reading a lot about coconut lately too, Sarah Wilson uses it a lot in her healthy, sugar free cookery.
The prizes look fab :)
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy I want love in my tummy!!
Oh dear-cookbooks-an addiction of mine!
I would love to win this!! Am obsessed with smoothies and I need some new recipes!
Fab Gibeaway – my guys love smoothies for breakfast!!
I need some more smoothie recipes.
Great givaway I would love to win this.
what a lovely prize
what a lovely prize
This sounds like an amazin book!!
Yayyy cookbooks! :)
what a fab looking book, full of yummyness
fab book, cant wait to look through it
I would love to win this :)
OOhh I just love cook books fab give away :)
you can never have too many cook books!!! thank you for yet another give away xx
Ooo, I like the look of this, though I like the look of any cake!
Lovely looking books – my mouth is watering just looking at the covers
This is fab xx
Can never say no to a new cookbook
Thanks for the giveaway, please pop my name in the hat x
Sweet! You’re spoiling us with all of these.
Another give away??? :) Thanks Holly. Hope you had a lovely b.h weekend xx
Fab idea given the diet started last week!
I love the idea of a sweet table……skip the savoury & go straight to the sweet I say.
This is a fab giveaway, please count me in
sounds great, I’m addicted to banana smoothies but it would be lovely to expand my repotoire
thanks for the fab giveaway
Your review has me drooling!
Mmm thinking of sweet tables is making my hungry!! :) x
Comments are closed.