I have three books to tell you about and two up for grabs… not a bad deal. First I’ll start with the one I won’t be giving away:
The Everything Coconut Diet Cookbook is one of those books that came into my life just at the right time. You know how when you want to have a baby you see pregnant women everywhere? Well I read about how eating coconut (in all guises) can help you lose weight and low and behold I see books about it everywhere. This was sent to me for review and I’m glad I get to keep it. I’m a coconut fiend anyway but learning about the health benefits of coconut oil, the whole low calorie dieting myth and then seeing the mass of coconut recipes in the back all contributed to me buying lots of the good stuff to fry my veggies in. If you like a bit of science with you diet books or indeed recipes to help you walk the walk then this book is for you. It is very American and as you would imagine all the recipes are in cup/pounds format.
On to 201 Healthy Smoothies and Juices for Kids. Now again this is very American in tone so beware if you don’t go in for that kind of thing. Hands up I am no smoothie maker, I don’t even own a juicer… yet I did find myself oddly addicted to reading this book. Now 201 smoothie and juice recipes has the potential to be rather a boring book and I think the author felt this may be an issue too, so each recipe is supplemented with hints and tips regarding veggies, fruit, kids and general health. These were the bits that made made me read the whole book in one evening. Loads of science too for those who want it.
Now, I have saved this beautiful book until last. The first two books indulged my nerdy side but this one, The Cake Parlour Sweet Tables is well, it makes me sigh! It’s just gorgeous. Less a recipe book (though full of recipes, worry not) and more a book that explores the (again American) concept of sweet tables. For the uninitiated they are tables at events where the pudding course has been themed. A lot of the recipes are rather fiddly but if you like to use cakey books for inspiration like I do then this should have a place on your shelf. I love the Christmas themed sweet table. Not sure I’d attempt such fine sugarcraft work at that time of year but it’s good to dream! There are 40 different themed cakes, cupcakes, biscuits and cake pop type things. This book has pushed me into giving a loose theme to my lovely pals baby shower sweet table.
I have 2 copies of the smoothies book and the sweet tables book to giveaway, split into two prizes with both books being in each.
There are lots of ways to enter – see the Rafflecopter form below. The first way is just to leave a comment on this post. Easy peasy. Closing date Friday 2nd November 2012.
How to enter:
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 2nd November 2012.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winner.
- First timers: Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Only open to residents of the UK and participants over the age of 18. Sorry to anyone from further afield or younger readers.
- There are two prizes consisting of 1 x The Cake Parlour Sweet Tables book and 1 x 201 Healthy Smoothies and Juices for Kids book, with an RRP of USD39.98. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of FW Media who will be responsible for sending the prize to you if you win, which is very kind of them as it saves me queuing up at the Post Office. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. So there.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Good luck everyone!
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!