I love cheese. I am the girl who orders the cheese plate and not the sticky toffee pudding. Actually, sometimes I just steal Mr Bell’s sticky toffee pud and order the cheese. I am the girl who drives to Long Clawson to queue in the cold and buy half a Stilton every Christmas. I am the girl who browses cheese producer’s websites to tease myself. I am the girl who has in her freezer at the very least three different types of cheese, just in case there were a cheese emergency. I’m an addict. So much so that I used to regularly eat cheese for dinner with crackers and chilli chutney on the side. Then I got married and my husband educated me that this was not a fitting dinner for a grown up. So now I just try to pop cheese into every meal instead.
Two-starred Michelin chef Nathan Outlaw is a big fan of Davidstow cheese and on the 26th March 2012 he is holding a masterclass at L’atelier des Chefs cookery school in central London. Davidstow Cornish Cheddar is offering one lucky reader and their friend the chance to attend this very exclusive event. The class is hands-on and the lovely Nathan will teach you to create simple, tasty dishes with Davidstow. For those of you in the know, Davidstow’s cheeses are typically matured for longer than other cheddars, producing a more complex flavour and creamy texture – perfect for cooking or just eating with crackers (and chilli chutney if you’re me) and a nice glass of wine.
All you have to do is tell me in a comment on this post what your favourite recipe is that uses cheese. You should also note that travel is not included as part of the prize and that the winners must be available on 26th March 2012 10.00am – 2pm.
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below to confirm your entries made via blog comments, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- This giveaway will close on 10th March 2012.
- Please read the rules below.
- Winners are announced on the Rafflecopter form after the prize has been claimed by the winners.
- Please watch how Rafflecopter works (video)! It is 46 seconds long. It explains everything. It takes less time to do this than to write up a post on my facebook page on how much you don’t understand Rafflecopter. Almost.
- If no form is showing, hit refresh and it should appear.
- Complete the form – or your beloved entries will not go into the draw. And that would be such a waste of time.
- Mandatory entries need to be completed first – so leave a blog comment before you try and complete any of the other methods of entry.
- Want more chances to win? Come back daily after tweeting about the giveaway and fill the form in again.
- If you are viewing this by email you will need to click through to enter.
Rules and things:
- Only open to UK participants over the age of 18. Sorry to anyone from further afield or younger readers.
- There’s one prize available and that’s a masterclass in London with Nathan for two people, the winner and a friend. There’s no cash alternative to the prize and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Instructions form part of the terms and conditions. Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will obviously be disqualified. The winner will be picked at random using software and then contacted by email. If you win and then don’t respond to this email within 7 days then another winner will be picked so check your emails and your spam! The goodies will be delivered to the winner as soon as possible after you have sent me your delivery address.
- I am running this giveaway on behalf of Davidstow. Their decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. So there.
- This is where I get all stern – please don’t say you have liked the post and followed me on Twitter and Tweeted away like a Tweety thing if you haven’t as guess what? If you win I will check you did do the things you said you did. It’s only fair after all. And I do like fairness.
Get the monthly newsletter...
and subscribe to get all recipes straight to your inbox!